The Door County Plein Air Festival is an invitational event. Our featured artist selection process begins the year prior to our Festival. We will accept materials from prospective artists for our 2014 Festival until August 15, 2013. A committee comprised of both notable, professional artists and collectors invites the field of approximately 40 to 45 featured artists.
To be considered by the Door County Plein Air Festival Invitations Committee, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be recognized regionally/nationally as a plein air artist
- Are currently represented by a fine art gallery with sales and regional/national media exposure
- Have been juried, or invited to participate, into other national plein-air festivals within the last two years
The committee also considers the following:
- Artists must represent a variety of media and styles
- Approximately 40% of participating artists are from the Midwest
- At least 40% are new to the Festival each year
To be considered as a featured artist in the 2014 Festival, please submit the following no later than August 15, 2013:
- A letter of inquiry explaining your interest in the Festival with an active link to your website
- A current resume that verifies a match to the above criteria
- Five examples of current plein air artwork on CD or DVD.
- The images must be sized at least 5x7” @ 300 dpi to accurately represent your work.
Inquiries may be emailed to gallery@PeninsulaSchoolofArt.com or mailed to:
Peninsula School of Art
P.O. Box 304
Fish Creek, WI 54212